7:48 PM

April 2010 Bloomsday Post!

For a long time, I've enjoyed everyone else's Bloomsday Posts, now I'm finally ready to jump in with my own.... Here's what's blooming in my Zone 7ish Seattle garden.

It's a 4-fer---Welsh poppies just about to bloom in the foreground, hellebores, and two kinds of Bleeding Hearts.
I can't resist up-close pictures of the bleeding hearts...

The hellebores continue to go strong. Ciscoe was right, cut off those old leaves! And those bleeding hearts...I love 'em.

These little primroses are reliable little shots of brightnesss..

Trilliums under the Solomon Seal...with a bonus Welsh poppy about to bloom.

Lilacs! The sure sign that spring has sprung, in my mind.

Chives in the garden.

A volunteer tulip in the veggie bed...not exactly sure how it got there, but it's gorgeous.
The last of the kale---it's so light and airy that I can't cut it off yet.

So there it is, spring in Seattle, April Bloom style.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Great tulips! Although I must say that rain chain might just be the show stealer. Thanks for sharing.

Queer by Choice said...

You're making such good use of your Seattle weather! Down here in California, bleeding heart and Solomon's seal often grow in mountainus wilderness areas, but it's too hot and dry down at sea level to grow them in my garden. I wish I could!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I'm so glad you visited my blog, because it led me back to yours. I've been reading through lots of your posts.
I have the master gardener plant sale on my calender. I'll be looking for your lily show in a couple of months too! Most of mine are up, except for a few holes where the squirrels took the bulbs.
Your garden is looking beautiful. I love the primroses, I haven't seen that type before.

Sylvana said...

Squirrels are good for planting things where THEY think they should go.

I love the primrose. So delicate looking, yet so bright!