8:12 PM

Bloomday!

Squeaking in under the wire for May Garden Blogger's Bloom Day! It was just too nice to come inside (until I was enticed with Thai take-out! )

It finally feels like Spring is popping here in Seattle. The front yard is coming to life..Forget me nots and english daisies start the parade...


The Spanish Lavender is trying to escape the parking strip...

The first of the salvias is pretty in pink....and has lots of pink-shaded friends to keep her company...


The yard is postively Columbine-riffic!



Other things are starting to get moving, too.....there's this old rose that lived here when we bought the house 5 years ago....It smells heavenly. Here's the bud....

.

And the whole bloom....



And the irises are starting to show some color...(maybe not techically a bloom, but a promise of blooms to come!)


Moving to the backyard, the Solomon's Seal is ringing in the season...


The bleeding hearts and hellebores are still going strong...


The buttercups are a pain in the patootie, but they sure add a pop of bright color (just ignore the dandelion!)


The Carolina Spice bush blossom is gorgeous, and smells great...


These sweet little petunias are 'Pretty Much Picasso' supertunias. They must be new this year, because I can't imagine not buying them before..

The strawberries are blooming like mad....


As are the chives....

I was hoping that I'd get to share peony pictures...but this is as far as they are..

But isn't that the best thing about gardening? There's always something to look forward to!!!
And luckily, the weekend isn't over!!












2 comments:

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Your garden is so pretty. Hasn't the weather been great?!
I love all of your garden art, especially the girl with the umbrella.

MLight said...

I enjoy seeing what blooms in other areas (I'm in NC), and I'm surprised at how many of the same things you have there. I love the yellow columbine, and I'll have to come back and check your posts when the peonies are in bloom!