10:26 PM

It's all about the lilies.

This weekend, "gardening" has consisted mostly of pulling dandelions and grass from the main lily bed out front. It's my own fault, I kind of let it go last fall, when I thought we were re-doing the whole front yard. We didn't, and suddenly it's an all weekend project... The lilies are going to be amazing, though. A couple years ago, I gave into one of those deals you just can't pass up--125 or so mixed asiatic and oriental lily bulbs... The first year, there were a few lilies...they went in a little late...



The second year, there were more....

If the little green shoots popping up EVERYWHERE are predicting anything, it's that there are going to be A LOT of lilies out there.



I'm going to remove the rest of (the last of!!) the grass out there, and install a couple small raised beds for tomatoes and squash--they'll get more direct sunshine out front than in back. But still, the front yard is all about the lilies.

0 comments: